These striking ostrich planters are designed to showcase flowers as if they were an ostrich's plumes. The planters are handmade and welded outside of Nairobi, Kenya using recycled oil drums and scrap metal. Each ostrich is crafted from the ground up and exhibits its own unique characteristics.
Talented welders and metal artisans craft these unique recycled metal ostrich planters from washers, nuts and other salvaged metal pieces. Available in three sizes, these unique sculptures can be used as planters for plants (the bottom is very porous so consideration should be given during planting). Adaptable beyond simple planters, these sculptures can be used to hold a variety of items inside the home and outdoors.
The sculptures can be displayed inside or outside of the home and are one-of-a-kind. Because they are made of metal, the sculptures will develop a patina when exposed to the elements.
- Artisan Group: Kabiria Metal Works
- Country of Origin: Kenya
- Materials: Recycled metal
- Measurements: (Sizes are approximate)
- Small measures 40" H with a basket that measures 8" D x 4" H
- Medium measures 48"H with a basket that measures 8.5 D x 4.5" H
- Large measures 56"T with a basket that measures 10"D x 5" H